Delivering quality metal components to the global market.
Naledi Foundry is one of the few large foundries in South Africa and was established in Benoni Industrial in 1947. The foundry was through the years very involved in the automotive sector where it was a major casting supplier of components to Toyota, General Motors, BMW, Nissan, Ford and VW.
During and after the financial crisis in 2008 the management at the time decided to diversify the foundry away from the automotive sector and many of the automotive components and products manufactured at the time was stopped or phased out.
In 2013 a consortium consisting of the IDC, Sibusiso Maphatiane and an Employees trust acquired the majority stake of Dorbyl Ltd, a listed entity who owned the foundry.
Immediately after delisting in July 2014 the shareholder initiated a extensive capital investment plan into the foundry as well as a corporate restructuring to separate the foundry from the rest of the Dorbyl group. The restructuring was completed in May 2016 and the capital investment program in May 2017.
Our staff are proud South Africans, working as a unit to increase volume production year-on-year for major export. We strive to deliver excellence and quality in every aspect of the foundry. Every individual relies on the other and trusts them to deliver as expected.
Green Sand Process:
Floor moulding process whereby we create unique cast moulds for all industries. Our staff are highly skilled at creating the perfect moulds during the research and development phase
In house core making facility for both Shell (Resin coated sand – Hot Box) and No Bake cores with a CB50 Omega Autocore Coreshooter Machine
– ABP OCC-100 10T Press Pour Furnace
– 2 x ABP IMF-7 10T M.F. Induction melting furnaces
– Prodapt® Melt Control System
– 2 x 12T Automatic charging cars
– New 50tons per hour DISA sand mixer
– New 50tons per hour COVITEC sand cooler
– Coupled with Georg Fischer automated moulding line
Consists of a OCC 12ton ABP presspour furnace with automatic pouring control system which requires minimum monitoring and constantly provides high quality castings
– Refurbishment of Georg Fischer moulding line
– Works together with DISA sand mixer
– Processes 100 to 120 Green Sand boxes per hour
Our fettling processes ensure that any crude casting is turned into a quality component that meets all the standards required by the customer. We are able to efficiently remove all unwanted metal and byproducts
– 110 000m2 industrial site
– 220 employees
– 250tons per day melting capacity
– 2 production lines
-> Automated Georg Fisher Moulding line
-> Floor moulding (jobbing) line
– In-house design and development capability
– CNC machines and CMM measuring equipment
Nederman 60,000 Nm3/h fume extraction