Naledi strives to strengthen South African manufacturing
Naledi Executive Chairperson, Mr. Sibusiso Maphatiane, appearing on CNBC Africa – May 18, 2016 6:18 am
Mr. Maphatiane highlighted the following during this interview on local challenges to strengthen South African manufacturing:
- South Africa and Africa will thrive once our local manufacturing establishes volume production.
- Much support has been given by the DTI (Department of Trade and Industry) and IDC (Industrial Development Corporation) of South Africa.
- Some challenges currently remain with policy implementation by local government.
- Local producers should focus effort on increasing local production capacity as opposed to importing components.
- Naledi has a larger export than import focus. This promotes local production and job creation.